Monday, February 25, 2008

Take the good with the bad

Well, on my way to Starbucks last night I received my first traffic ticket in a long time. I was going through a yellow light (let me emphasize yellow) when someone pulled up on my tail pretty quickly. When I saw the lights go off I thought it would be a good idea to get off the phone with my dad. Could we correlate the cell phone use with the unwise traffic decision . . . . . maybe??? Anyways he slapped a fantastic ticket on me. The fine for running a light is squat, it's the court fees that get you! I'm thinking about pleading my case to the judge- wet roads, fast yellow lights (as opposed to Springfield, MO), poor seminary student. But on a happy note I had an iced zebra mocha at work last night- WOW! It is definitely my new favorite drink. If you haven't had one yet you need to! Maybe I could add that to my court case- I'm hiped on Starbucks. Speaking of Starbucks, every Starbucks in the nation will be closed tomorrow from 6-9pm to learn our new national quality standards for baristas. So, make sure to get that iced zebra mocha before 6pm!

No comments: